Based in UK
Ergastulum is a first-person fantasy horror adventure game that blends a mix of Chinese and Western folklore to create a terrifying vision that will test a players faith to the extremes. The game focuses on psychological horror which relies on the character’s fears and abnormal psyche to frighten players. It is inspired by the Dark Souls series as well as Amnesia, Gone Home, Ultima and Alien Isolation, all of which helped me design and develop a dark unforgiving atmosphere.
K Monkey is the solo developer behind the indie horror series Dungeon Nightmares, a series that has terrified more than 2 million players worldwide. Based in the United Kingdom, K Monkey’s creative mission is to create horrifying experiences on both desktop and mobile devices. K Monkey was founded in 2013 and has worked in the games industry for over 9 years as a Games Designer and UI Designer at PlayStation in the team that brought you VR Worlds. Since departing PlayStation in 2016, I have taken my industry experience to bring you the next title to add to the horror genre and also delved into Virtual Reality.
- Combat-less stealth gameplay with only a Crucifix and Light to protect you
- Real-time light and shadow gameplay to hide and manage your sanity
- In-game sanity levels affect your surroundings and how enemies react to the player
- 100% procedural-generated maps in the Dark World so every time you enter it will be the unknown
- Inspired by both Western and Chinese folklore to create new forms of horror
- Traverse between the Light World and the Dark World through hypnosis
- Intuitive puzzles to solve to unlock hidden secrets
- Over 14 creatures each with their own unique AI and attacks
- Distract enemies by making sounds from throwing or using objects in the world
Beta Gameplay Video YouTube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About K Monkey
At K Monkey Games, we focus on developing horror games that push the envelope on how far we can go with psychological horror.
More information on K Monkey, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Designer, Programmer, Artist